Wednesday, March 25, 2009

end of life

I find it a quirk of fortune that I have found myself where I am in my career. I am a damn good nurse, compared to some that assertion raises to exceptionally gifted.
I travel, not long distances, but significant enough as a agency nurse. I work with the elderly, the young, and with the incarcerated. Though not all at once. More often then not I work with the geriatric population. I tend to be gobsmacked everytime I work with a nurse that seems to have no clue or even doesn't know how to buy one. I work with nurses that have worked in facilities for years and are lost or rationalize their ineptitude. And with young nurses in school currently who feel rules do not apply to them. But saving graces come in the form of nurses who are truly exceptional and have empathy to spare.
Don't our previous generations deserve better for what they accomplished so that people could choose to be foolish?

No comments: